I’ve been saying it from the beginning, but doesn’t this just prove it? Kinect is totally awesome. It has officially been named the “Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device” in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Here’s a quick look at why Microsoft’s Kinect claimed that title:
- After 25 days, 2.5 million units sold
- After 60 days, 8 million units sold (that’s 133,333 units per day)
- After 125 days, 10 million units sold.
Let’s compare that to the iPad:
- After 60 days, 2 million units
- After 80 days, 3 million units
So, Microsoft actually called it when they predicted Kinect would surpass the iPad.
Those of you who regularly read my blog know that I really love my Kinect system; therefore, I’m glad for it’s success. Though numbers don’t necessarily indicate a great product…well, you can just take my word on that, right?
Do you have Kinect? Are you thinking of getting it? Do the numbers or the new status as Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device sway you?