Okay, so after one of my Blogger Tutorials, a reader had a question about changing the sizes of buttons that she picked up from other blogs. There’s no way to ensure that all buttons will be the same size without adding a bit of HTML! This would also be helpful to make sure images fit your posts or sidebars, and keeps things the same size so they look nice and neat.
So here we go…
- ALWAYS BACK UP CODE BEFORE CHANGING HTML! It will save you lots of potential tears.
- Go wherever you need to to change the HTML, whether it’s a specific post, a gadget on Blogger, or the HTML of your template.
- Find the portion of the HTML for your image. It should look something like this: <img src=”url of image”>.
- This next part is really easy! All you have to do to change the size of the image is add height and width elements in by adding height=”desired height” and width=”desired width”.
- For example, if I wanted to change my button size, which normally looks like this:
- <center><a href="http://www.cheapgeeksanonymous.blogspot.com"><img src="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/Selana46/CGA%20Stuff/CGAButton.gif" /></a></center>
- All I have to do to change the size is add the bolded areas:
- <center><a href="http://www.cheapgeeksanonymous.blogspot.com"><img height=”100px” width=”100px” src="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/Selana46/CGA%20Stuff/CGAButton.gif" /></a></center>
- And we end up with this:
- Save, and you’re done!
So, to answer the original question, all you have to do to make your button page look uniform and tidy is go into the page’s HTML and change/add the height and width to a uniform size for every button. Depending on how many buttons you have, it might be a little time-consuming, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be done in no time.
Feel free to link to or share this tutorial, but please credit me!
If you have anything else you’d like me to create a tutorial for, don’t hesitate to ask. I do have a few others that I have to write yet (sorry it’s taking so long!), but I do promise to get to each and every request.