A little stat from myself: though BigJones and I technically got Halo: Reach 5 hours before the midnight release (thanks to Wal-mart!), and started playing right away, there were already 21,000 players online.
These stats were put together by Bungie's Michael Williams, stat specialist:
Don't you find that a little insane?
Bungie also point out that Halo: Reach has already surpassed
- "31,000,000 Games have been played since launch
- 98,000,000 Player-games have been recorded
- 8,214,338 Daily Challenges have been completed
- 255,996 Weekly Challenges have been completed
- 78,499,560,895 Total Credits have been earned
- 953 Man-years have been spent in matchmade games
- 1365 Man-years have been spent in campaign
- 854,107 files have been uploaded
- 577,804 recommendations have been sent to friends
- 4,619,455 files have been downloaded
’s concurrent players record, with the new launch day record sitting at well over 700,000 players."
And yet, I wish I had the time to play more than 1 game of firefight every other night. NOT fair.